What makes Safe Choice services the best the industry has to offer?
- Our services are based on evidence, providing clients with accurate, reliable, and age appropriate services to help Canadians lead a safe and healthy life.
- Our team members are experienced in the classroom, highly trained, and certified safety, education, health, and wellness professionals currently working or studying in the field.
- Our team members are First Aid & CPR certified by St. John Ambulance Canada, and have completed all background checks as part of our rigorous screening process.
How does my organization benefit by selecting a Safe Choice service?
- With the help of our sponsors and partners we are able to offer clients services, programs, and products based on a cost recovery model.
- We have price protection, and will match or beat the rate of any reputable competitor.
- Our programs come with liability insurance coverage and certification that is nationally recognized by St. John Ambulance Canada or the Canadian Safety Council.
- Our highly skilled team members will train participants to respond with confidence during emergency, and help them lead a safe and healthy life through education. This is accomplished through a combination of lecture, skills demonstration, skills evaluation, theory testing, and work book activities.
What are the steps in hosting a Safe Choice program for my organization?
- Provide Space.
We require ten (10) students to host training, with an instructor-students ratio of 1:25. In the event interest exceeds twenty-five (25) students then we will provide a second instructor provided the school can provide a second space.
- Select Program(s).
We offer Youth, First Aid & CPR, and Occupational Health & Safety programs. Please visit our Programs section of the website for details.
- Select Date(s).
With flexible scheduling options, we are able to accommodate a weekday, weekend, evening, in-service, class time, after school, and lunch program. If you prefer, a Safe Choice team member would be happy to make recommendations.
- Payment Method.
Participants may submit payment online with debit and credit, or by mail with certified cheque and money order. Safe Choice Safety does not accept personal cheques due to the incidence of NSF payments. Please visit our Register (hyperlink to register section) section of the website for details.
- Print and Distribute Registration Forms.
We ask that the host organization prints and distributes home to parents our program summary flyer. The program summary flyer leads potential participants to our online booking portal to register and submit online payment.
- Communication Updates.
We contact the host organization several days prior to the program start date with a final registration update, and send an email reminder to participants as a reminder.
Does Safe Choice offer customized programs?
Yes. Our services and programs can be adapted or modified to meet the scheduling and learning needs of your organization. Please Contact Us to submit a formal request, or call our office at 902.457.9373 or 1.800.467.5979 to speak with a Safe Choice team member.
Can Safe Choice accommodate students with special needs?
Yes. Our instructors will adapt service delivery to suit individuals with special needs. Contact Us and speak with a customer care representative for further information.
Are there fundraising options to assist students with program fees?
Yes. Contact Us to submit a formal request, or call our office at 902.457.9373 or 1.800.467.5979 to speak with a Safe Choice team member.