Our St. John Ambulance Canada CPC/AED, Health Care Provider CPR, or Recertification programs are designed for those interested in learning CPR or is a health care provider. This program comes with insurance coverage, and is valid for three (3) years.
- Respond Safely During an Emergency
This includes learning to take charge and identify the cause of injury, how to use bystanders effectively, use of proper protective equipment, and when to dial 911.
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for shock; including the proper position to promote recovery if conscious or unconscious.
- Medical Conditions
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for an asthma, severe allergic reactions, epilepsy, and diabetes; including how to properly administer medication.
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for choking; including how to properly use abdominal thrusts, J-stroke, and back blows to dislodge the object.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation or CPC
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for CPR for infants, children, and adults; including a review of angina, heart attack, ischemic attack, and stroke. CPR for Health Care Provider participants also learn to administer CPR using a bag valve mask (BVM).
- Automated External Defibrillation or AED
The AED component includes training in the specific type of AED equipment used by clients, machine maintenance and proper documentation.
- The CPC/AED, CPR for Health Care Providers, or Recertification programs focus on small group discussions, problem solving, role-playing, and instructor-led demonstrations.
- Participants require 100% attendance, and are required to complete a skills demonstration, and receive a minimum of 70% on the multiple choice quiz.
- Participants will receive a St. John Ambulance Canada CPR manual, wall and pocket certificate upon successful completion of this program.
- Participants are required to bring a pencil, snack, and lunch for full day programs.
- The CPC/AED, CPR for Health Care Providers, or Recertification programs requires four (4) to six (6) hours of instruction.
- Please inquire about our flexible scheduling options so that we are able to best accommodate your schedule.
- Please contact our office for rate information.
- By Phone: 1.800.467.5979
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org