Emergency First Aid & CPC/AED
Our St. John Ambulance Canada Emergency First Aid & CPC/AED or Recertification program is designed for those that wish to learn first aid or require certification that meets the requirements set by the Department of Labour for work groups of 1-19 employees. This program comes with insurance coverage, and certification is valid for three (3) years.
- Respond Safely During an Emergency
This includes learning to take charge and identify the cause of injury, how to use bystanders effectively, use of proper protective equipment, and when to dial 911.
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for shock; including the proper position to promote recovery if conscious or unconscious.
- Medical Conditions
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for an asthma, severe allergic reactions, epilepsy, and diabetes; including how to properly administer medication.
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for choking; including how to properly use abdominal thrusts, J-stroke, and back blows to dislodge the object.
- Bone Injuries
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for a bone injury; including how to steady and support the head, neck, and back during a suspected spinal injury.
- Wound Care
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for a cut, scrape, and nosebleed; including the use of readily available materials or a first aid kit.
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation or CPC
This includes learning the signs, symptoms, and first aid for CPR for infants, children, and adults; including a review of angina, heart attack, ischemic attack, and stroke.
- Automated External Defibrillation or AED
The AED component includes training in the specific type of AED equipment used by clients, machine maintenance and proper documentation.
- The Emergency First Aid & CPC/AED program focuses on small group discussions, problem solving, role-playing, and instructor-led demonstrations.
- Participants require 100% attendance, and are required to complete a skills demonstration, and receive a minimum of 70% on the multiple choice quiz.
- Participants will receive a St. John Ambulance Canada Emergency First Aid & CPR manual, wall and pocket certificate upon successful completion of this program.
- Participants are required to bring a pencil, snack, and lunch for a full day program
- The Emergency First Aid & CPC/AED program requires six (6) hours of instruction. An Additional hour is required for full day programs to accommodate breaks.
- The Emergency First Aid & CPC/AED Recertification program requires four (4) hours of instruction. Participants receive a working break.
- Please inquire about our flexible scheduling options so that we are able to best accommodate your schedule.
- Please contact our office for rate information.
- By Phone: 1.800.467.5979
- By Email: email@example.com